Thursday, March 26, 2009

March Edition of Down The Stretch Hits The Streets!

The latest issue of Down The Stretch is now available at Woodbine, Mohawk and Champions Lounges across the Greater Toronto Area. I LOVE the cover of the issue that colourfully pops the main focus of this particular edition.

My contribution is an interview with trainer Ian black. The Reading native is becoming a bit of a legend locally for winning million dollar races. I posted more pictures and quotes from that interview in a blog earlier this week.
One of the more entertaining stories in the issue is an interview with Hec Clouthier entitled, What is OHRIA and who the heck is Hec? As it turns out, OHRIA is the Ontario Horse Racing Industry Association, but what is most entertaining is reading about how Clouthier once TACKLED Prime Minister Jean Chretien in an argument regarding a hat, and lived to tell the tale.

Perry Lefko goes to the track with Ed The Sock who regales us with stories about "actress" Laurel Canyon and along the way wins some money for the Ontario Standardbred Adoption Society.

As well there is a heart-warming column from Bob Carson about the passing of his track buddy Twitch. It's a story of a typical racetrack friendship with a most atypical ending.

The pages are packed with great stories that make me proud to be a part of this paper. I'm so proud of this issue, that I will happily post out a free copy to anyone who takes the time to email me.

If you would like to subscribe to Down The Stretch for the low, low price of CDN$24, or see your advertisement in the April edition, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

The Woodbine thoroughbred campaign kicks off April 4th and Down The Stretch will be on hand as part of Woodbine Community Day. If you're in town, come on by our table on the second floor and say hello. More details of this event will be posted here at Triple Dead Heat and on our Facebook page.

Finally, check out the first ever Down The Stretch commercial!!


* * *
In fashion news, an email came through today announcing that Kentucky Derby Barbie is now available! This year Barbie celebrates her 50th birthday at Churchill Downs. "In a way only Barbie® can, the doll showcases Kentucky Derby® fashion at its finest - glamorized and ready for the winner's circle. The Kentucky Derby® Barbie® doll wears a playful floral sun dress and a faux pearl necklace and sassy spring sandals. True to Kentucky Derby® fashion, Barbie® tops off the look with a stylish oversized white hat and blossoming flower accent." I think I know what Amy is getting for her birthday!

4 comments:

Superfecta said...

I don't understand - why isn't Barbie wearing the jeans, sweater and raincoat I always wear to the track?

Anonymous said...

Really? You promise?? Yes I'd love to have her for my birthday... and the same outfit made in my size so I can wear it to the Derby too!

Squee!

Amy

Anonymous said...

hmmm...I think Amy might be messing with me here. This is the same girl who has a collection of horror figure dolls!

Teres said...

I wonder what Barbie will look like after a few mint juleps?