Saturday, October 25, 2008

Big Brown - Wish You Were Here

I leave for Woodbine in thirty minutes time full of anticipation for a day full of brilliant stretch runs and photo finishes. I've purchased the DRF at least three times this week analyzing articles, workouts and past performances - yet still, there's something missing.

Last night I arrived home from the Turf Lounge to find that the mailman had delivered a package to me direct from Kentucky. I opened it up to find two hats I had ordered from Horse Hats. One is a brilliant Sunday Silence hat and the other featured the name BIG BROWN blazed across the peak.



I've analyzed the Classic front and back and this race is screaming for a Derby winner to take on Curlin. I cannot see the European entrants making a dent and instead find myself chasing unsexy longshots like Smooth Air. Granted, if I look past the post position I can see how Go Between might steal this race but it's not the Curlin v Big Brown battle I wanted.

So, Big Brown, I'm wearing your hat to the track today. Maybe it's not your day to win the Classic, but I can use all the help I can get.

Enjoy the big day everyone, I'm off to the track!

4 comments:

Wind Gatherer said...

Smooth Air, unsexy?

'..this, the most unkindest cut of all.'

I like him to hit the board. If I were wagering, I would play the 3yo trifecta.

Good luck today.

Anonymous said...

Nice call on Ventura on Friday. Heading to Ft. Erie for my birthday on Tuesday (closing day)...should be fun. Excellent interview with A-Brown...just catching up with my blogreading!

Anonymous said...

Now, THAT's a cap!!!!!

Very, VERY spiffy, Mr. TDH

Keith McCalmont said...

Thanks for the comments lads!

It was a tough day of wagering but overall a great weekend. Goldikova's performance was exhilirating.

Geno - Happy Birthday! Good luck at the Fort..hopefully it's not the final closing day.