Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pics From Aqueduct and "Randycapping" Wednesday Night Woodbine

I had an absolutely brilliant time at Aqueduct this past Saturday. The facilities are clean, comfortable and the lineups move quickly. Plus, I was able to interview Richard Migliore!


Check out the view from the Press Box!


Here's Richard Migliore having a laugh in the paddock.
Great expression on the youngster looking up at him!


Premium Gold sticks his tongue out at The Mig


Triple Dead Heat - clueless handicapper.


Migliore discusses the Leafs playoff chances.


The result of the seventh race is now official!
(I didn't have it.)


Teresa aka Brooklyn Backstretch track side.


Ernie Munick dressed for the occasion.


Best racetrack song ever? Listen to the Belmont Park Boogie!

* * *
On a few occasions, I've mentioned a racetrack friend I call The Friendly Stranger...this friend will call me up once every month or so with a great piece of advice on a horse that is fit and ready to prove it on the track. The success rate is nearly 100%. I hope he'll call soon as I left most of my money with a teller in New York.

Since The Friendly Stranger isn't calling, I have a few offerings from my friend Randy who has had an incredibly successful season of wagering at Woodbine. I will call this section of the blog, Randycapping. If it proves successful (i.e. my bad karma doesn't rain on his picks), I will ask Randy to please keep on sending in his selections.

I'm not sure if I like the name, it sounds like something Austin Powers might do at the track...but it's catchy.

Without further ado, here's Randy's picks for the Wednesday night Woodbine card:

Race 1 - #3 Cinema Show - was on my watch list - I wonder about blinks on

Race 2 - #2 White Spot - he ran well vs bias last out and is fresh

Race 3 - #5 Wood Be Me - looks logical - I'll use him but he could bounce.

Race 3 - #7 Bullonthewire - lone closer and ran well against bias last time.

Race 7 - #6 San Nicola Whiskey - has won 3 in a row but is still fresh and won against bias last time.

Thank you Randy! For those playing along at home:

Pick 3 of 3 with 2 with 5 and 7.

WIN - Race#7 - #6, San Nicola Whiskey

Good luck everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keith, looks like you had a great time, thanks for sharing the pics and interview with the Mig...I know you already had your Thanksgiving..so happy belated thanksgiving!